Friday, April 15, 2011

Wow...I'm actually belly dancing!

My dance partner and I were working on the "Wana Wana" choreography yesterday in our school's dance studio. We were surrounded by mirrors, so i had no choice but to notice all of my movements. As I looked at myself I realized: "Hey! I'm actually belly dancing!" I think today was the first time that I've felt that I actually look like a belly dancer. My muscles have become accustomed to certain movements, and I feel like I look more relaxed and natural when I dance. I know I definitely feel more comfortable with myself...I feel more assured about my execution of basic moves. I still have a LOOONG way to go, but I feel like I am well on my way. I am also learning that I am not a total idiot when it comes to choreography...I can actually articulate the music into movement in a way that makes sense. I am glad that I am having this experience so early in my belly dance journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment