Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trying to fashion a costume on a budget...

This is what the hip belt looks like.
I bought a stretchy beaded hip belt and I am trying to figure out a top that would complement it...any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Check out www.jonsimports.com for a variety of belly tops available. Sure you would find something to compliment the beautiful bead belt.

    Considering it's a silver color, you should have a wide variety or chooses to go with as for as for colors. Also don't forget to keep in mind what you are going to be wearing under the belt:) You may consider little wristlets, etc. as adds on.

    The belt itself is gorgeous!!

    Good Luck for your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this for tomorrow's performance? The perfect top might depend a little on (a) what you're wearing under the belt and (b) the style of dance you're doing. If it's a flowy, feminine dance, a chiffon tie-top could be a good option -- you could wear a cabaret coin bra under it. Those are pretty easy to put together by attaching a coin bra (I'm sure they still sell them at the stoodio) to a black bra in your size. Actually, if you wear something like a 36DD, I have one that you are welcome to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful I would buy something white or with silver to match it up. Enjoy. Great blog

    ReplyDelete