Monday, April 25, 2011

These Hips of Mine...

Like many other belly dance addicts, I spend a lot of time looking at costumes. There are so many possibilities when it comes to costumes, and since I have been studying belly dance consistently I have been learning the dance moves, the music, the culture and the clothing. I have seen many beautiful things that I want, but I keep running into some problems...

Here is an example of a bedlah.
I would like to own a beautiful bedlah (the bra/belt set worn by belly dancers), but the ready made ones are not sized to accommodate my hips. I can get one custom made, but that is expensive, and I am on a tight budget. It is not imperative that I have a bedlah right now, but I would like to have one sooner than later because...well...I WANT ONE! Sadly, these 50 inch hips of mine are not an "average" size, so I have to improvise.

Until I am able to invest in a custom made bedlah, I plan to fashion my own costumes...I can NOT sew, so I am thinking of pairng beaded bras with hip scarves, which are wayyy more flexible...if any of my curvy belly dance friends have suggestions on how to satisfy my costume  needs, please share.

This is essentially what I will be wearing for Friday's performance
On the bright side, I do have a cute costume for my performance this Friday. Wow...it's this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment