Friday, April 8, 2011

My first choreography...

The first choreography I learned is Jasmine at Nazeem Allayl's L5P studio. I just had to blog about this class because it was quite an experience.

After taking a Technique 1 class where we drilled basic belly dance moves for 6 weeks, I felt that I was ready to tackle a choreography. I chose Jasmine, which is a cute dance performed with zills (finger cymbals). I loved the song, so I was pretty amped about the dance. Boy, was I in for a surprise...

This particular choreography showed me just how uncoordinated I am. It was super hard for me to play various zill patterns and dance at the same time. I think that it may have been a bit overzealous of me to choose a dance with zills as the first choreography I learned.

Anyway, I may not have mastered that dance but at least it was fun...and a good workout. I think that for now I will leave the props alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment