Hey people! I have been keeping busy with belly dance classes since my last blog post. I took a zill class with Fatin and it was AWESOME...I feel so much better with the zills now! Now I am taking a belly dance cardio class with Samora, practicing for a post holiday student showcase at Nicola's, and taking classes at Atlanta Fusion Belly Dance whenever I have the time to drop in. I hope to also take classes with Majda Anwar in the near future.
I have defined my short term dance goals, and I am diving right in! I plan to continue taking beginner level classes for at least another year, and my primary focus will be technique (both cabaret and tribal) so that I can strengthen my foundation. Also, I plan to do more improv performances as a way of reinforcing my foundation. I don't want to get too caught up in learning choreo...I want to be able to just get up and dance! Choreo is beneficial too...I have become a much better dancer by learning choreo from Samora. But I need to get the technique down pat. I want to be able to dance without relying on choreo.
That's pretty much it for now. I have been quite busy and I'm only getting busier. I will post again when I have more news!
I think you have the right attitude! Suhaila says everyone is a beginner for the first 10 years...
ReplyDelete