I have a dream.
I want to teach an Intro to Belly Dance class at my alma mater. Here's why:
I love belly dance.
I'd like to share the art form with my peers.
I have some teaching experience, and it's something I enjoy.
It would be a great way for me to continuously reinforce the basics as I advance in my belly dance education.
I think my enthusiasm for belly dance is contagious :-)
I want to eventually be a college professor, so it would be an introduction to collegiate level teaching.
Did I mention that I love belly dance?!
I have prepared a course syllabus, dancer resume, cover letter in progress and even planned out the class structure and assignments as well as exams...I'm also conducting a survey to gauge student interest. I pitched my idea to the head of the dance department, and I'm waiting to hear back from her. Although I'm not certified YET, I am in the process of studying to become certified in teaching beginner belly dance; by the time the class would start I'd be finished with the certification.
I am keeping my fingers crossed, and sending prayers up to the God/dess. This is something I've had in mind for months. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck! And hey. if my alma mater isn't down for the cause then maybe another school will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment